In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
2 Rousseau – Mrs Coleman and Mrs Hinde
2 Matisse – Miss McDonnell, Miss Peal and Miss Cressey
2 Monet – Miss Barker, Miss Heycock and Ms Gadd
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
Welcome to Fires, Catchy songs and Cress growing
- Published: Friday, 21 September 2018 17:59
- Written by Year Two
Welcome back! What a great start!
We have kick started our theme learning all about the Great Fire of London. We know lots of great facts and can even sing in a round!
In maths, we have been learning about place value and know a very catchy song about
English has been all about instructions and we have learnt 'How to wash a Woolly Mammoth' (Be careful not to get it in his eyes!!).
We have grown our own cress thinking about what it will need in order to grow successfully. As scientists, we have been observing their progress.
As an extra challenge this week can you remember all of the life processes?
Here is a clue- MRS GREN
Feel free to comment as we would love to know what you and the children think.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)