GDPR Statement May 2018
Data protection regulations are changing on 25 May 2018 with the enforcement of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). We have always been committed to protecting your details and this commitment will continue; we want you to know that we take privacy very seriously. We have always managed your details responsibly, and will continue to take great care to keep them safe and secure.
We store and sometimes transfer your information to other authorities, so that we can operate effectively as a school and be able to positively implement our duty of care for the school community. Under data regulations we are lawfully able to do this to carry out tasks in the public interest and as part of our legal obligation.
Under the GDPR we are required to be more transparent so that everyone can see more about the personal information we hold. We have completed an information audit (located on our website) so you can see this information. Further information in also included in our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notices.
You have rights under data protection regulations and we would like you to know what they are:
· a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data. However, we may consider applying an exemption to some information where our duties maybe potentially compromised
· a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
· a right to prevent processing for direct marketing
· a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means, unless we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue
· a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
· a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act
If you would like to make any requests, think your data has been misused or it is not secure, you should contact us:
Data Protection Controller: Headteacher, (this may be delegated to other employees).
Data Protection Officer: Ruth Hawker, Plumsun Ltd www.plumsun.com
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
ICO helpline: 0303 123 1113
Data Protection Documents