In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Miss Lee, Mrs Hinde and Mrs Dempsey
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight and Mrs Parker
- 2 Magritte - Mrs Coleman, Mrs H Douglas and Miss Masson
We are lucky to be supported by our HLTA, Mrs Cressey.
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
2 Kahlo's Sports Day
- Published: Wednesday, 30 June 2021 21:34
- Written by Year Two
Wow...what a busy week 2 Kahlo have had! Luckily the rain held off again and we had our school Sport's Day.
The children were in teams of 5 and took part in the following team races:
- Beanbag throwing
- Egg and spoon race
- Cone running race
- Standing long jump
- 40m sprint
- Obstacle race
The children were so supportive of each other and their peers in the other teams, it was really lovely to hear them all cheer their friends on.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)