In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Mrs Sinclair, Mrs Bray, Mrs Hinde and Mrs Dempsey
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight, Miss Manns and Mrs Gadd
- 2 Magritte - Mrs Range, Miss Arnold and Mrs Watts
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
Year 2 Nativity
- Published: Wednesday, 30 December 2020 14:31
- Written by Year Two
In the run up to Christmas, the children all worked REALLY hard on their nativity, The Angel who Nearly Missed it All. The link to watch this has been sent to the Year 2 parents to view and we hope that you have all had a chance to see and enjoy it.
We were all so proud of the children. They spoke and sang beautifully and clearly and told the story fantastically well. We loved watching it!
A special thanks goes to all of the team who helped put it together, especially Mrs Range, who worked tirelessly to film and edit it all together - she's discovered skills she never knew she had!
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)