In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create an exciting and connected curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Mrs Sinclair, Mrs Bray, Mrs Hinde and Mrs Dempsey
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight, Miss Manns and Mrs Gadd
- 2 Magritte - Mrs Range, Miss Arnold and Mrs Watts
· Reading books are changed every Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to bring their reading books to school each day.
· Children will visit the school library every Wednesday
· Our PE days are flexible so the days may change. Therefore, please ensure your child has their PE kit in school (clearly labelled) with trainers that they can fasten independently. In the colder months the children will need appropriate clothing for the cold weather.
· Super-Learner Mission books are due back on Thursday.
· Our weekly spelling quiz is on a Friday morning and the following week’s spellings will be handed out on Tuesdays.
You will find our curriculum information further down the page!
First week back
- Published: Saturday, 17 April 2021 23:08
- Written by Year Two
Year 2 have had a super first week back and we have all been so impressed with how hard they have been trying with their learning.
We have seen some fantastic measuring in Maths, measuring using non standard measures such as cubes and hands & also using standard measures to measure different objects around the classrooms.
We have started our new topic of 'Plants' in Science and the children thought of some fantastic questions they would like to investigate, which we will be incorporating into our planning across the term.
The weather this week has been perfect for our outdoor PE lessons. The children have been building on the football skills they learnt last term and have been applying these skills when learning how to pass the ball to one another and worked in small groups to intercept the ball.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)