In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create a thorough curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Miss Lee & Mrs Parker
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight & Mrs Rose
- 2 Klimt - Mr Ebsworth & Mrs Hinde
We are lucky to be supported by our HLTA, Mrs Cressey.
- Published: Friday, 25 March 2022 15:54
- Written by Year Two
We really enjoyed our Science experiments and learned many new skills.
We carried out an experiement to see if different sized milk bottles made a difference to the distance our paper mice travelled.
We predicted, created a results table, converted the results into a bar chart and wrote a conclusion!
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)