In Year 2, the children develop their independent learning approaches within a supportive and considerate environment. The Year 2 team work closely together to create a thorough curriculum that inspires children to embrace learning challenges.
- 2 Maurice - Miss Lee & Mrs Parker
- 2 Kahlo - Miss Knight & Mrs Rose
- 2 Klimt - Mr Ebsworth & Mrs Hinde
We are lucky to be supported by our HLTA, Mrs Cressey.
- Published: Friday, 28 April 2023 18:25
- Written by Year Two
This week we have planted a variety of seeds. We will see which ones start to grow first and begin to track their growth. Each week we will draw what is happening to our plants to see their progress.
Year 2 Blog Posts
Helping at Home
Ways to help at home
- Read every day
- Practise your spellings and common exception words
- As you read spot the sounds in words, can you find digraphs (two letters that make one sound) and trigraphs (three letters that make one sound)?
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s forwards and backwards
- Learn your number bonds for all numbers to 20 (e.g number bonds to 7 are 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, etc.)
- Practise telling the time to the hour, quarter past, half past, quarter to and as an extra challenge to 5 minute intervals (five past, ten past etc.)
- Practise letter formation using the correct pencil grip and develop fine motor skills (peg pressing, picking pasta shells/rice with tweezers)